Int’l MarCom Creative Awards recognizes W+A with 9 awards
November 7, 2011 – Memphis-based, full-service advertising, marketing and public relations firm, Walker + Associates’ creative work was recognized today with top honors winning two Platinum, four Gold and three honorable mention awards from the International MarCom Creative Awards, an international competition administered and judged by the Association of Marketing and Communication Professionals.
W+A received the top award of Platinum MarCom statuettes for two projects:
- “Chic Degree,” an integrated marketing and promotion campaign for Gould’s Academy, a top regional salon and spa career academy. The campaign featured print ads, PR efforts, billboards, a television commercial, website and e-marketing components. View campaign.
- “Designer Kit,” a promotional sales and design kit for Lucite International’s LuciteLux™ line of acrylic products. The kit was designed as a showpiece for the international company and was fabricated entirely from the company’s acrylic products. (visit our Portfolio to see the Designer Kit)
Four Gold MarCom statuettes were awarded for
- “Hand in Hand,” a television commercial PSA for the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Memphis (produced in close partnership with Running Pony Productions) (visit our Portfolio to view the spot),
- “Altar Ego,” a magazine ad for Gould’s Day Spa & Salon’s bridal services,
- A brand identity logo for Pull Communications (visit our Portfolio to view the logo), and
- A pro bono logo for the Think Pink fashion show event sponsored by Gould’s Day Spa & Salon and benefiting Susan G. Kommen for the Cure.
In addition, three MarCom honorable mention awards were presented to Walker + Associates for work on behalf of clients in DeSoto County Mississippi:
- “Conquistador Crew,” a communications/public relations campaign for the DeSoto County Tourism Association’s geocaching program,
- “Sailed an Ocean,” a print ad for the DeSoto County Tourism Association, and
- A brand identity logo for the DeSoto County Civic Center.
“As well as producing positive results for our clients, it’s always gratifying to have our creative work recognized by our peers,” Ceil Walker, president and CEO of Walker + Associates says.
The International MarCom Creative Awards is an international competition for marketing and communication professionals involved in the concept, writing and design of marketing and communication programs and print, visual and audio materials. The competition has grown to perhaps the largest of its kind in the world and is administered and judged by the Association of Marketing and Communication Professionals. The international organization consists of several thousand marketing, communication, advertising, public relations, media production and free-lance professionals. The Association oversees awards and recognition programs, provides judges and sets standards for excellence.
Founded in 1965, Walker + Associates is a full-service consulting, advertising, marketing and public relations firm based in Memphis, Tenn. The woman-owned company provides a wide variety of services to corporations, governments and not-for-profit agencies, including research, strategic communications planning, traditional media advertising, planning and placement as well as new media programming and social networking outreach.